JMIR Publications is pleased to announce that JMIR Formative Research, indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), has been given an inaugural Journal Impact Factor (JIF) of 2.2 from the 2023 Journal Citation Reports™ (JCR). This is a great achievement for everyone involved and continues to demonstrate the importance of JMIR Formative Research’s contribution to the scientific community and progressing open science and digital health.
Born and published open access since 2017, JMIR Formative Research has been included among the world's best journals in the Health Care Science Sciences & Services (ESCI) category and the Medical Informatics (ESCI) category. Journals receiving an inaugural Impact Factor in 2023 will not receive ranks, quartiles, or percentiles until 2024.
Highly cited articles from JMIR Formative Research include:
- Recommendations for Health Equity and Virtual Care Arising From the COVID-19 Pandemic: Narrative Review
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Physical and Mental Health in China and Spain: Cross-sectional Study
- Reasons People Who Use Opioids Do Not Accept or Carry No-Cost Naloxone: Qualitative Interview Study
In total, 14 out of the 34 open access journals published by JMIR Publications now have a JIF. This represents a 133% increase compared to last year. Additionally, we have launched more journals in the past two years that are not yet eligible for metrics, such as JIF and CiteScore.
Our journals with inaugural Impact Factors include:
o JMIR Aging - 4.9
o JMIR Cancer - 2.8
o JMIR Formative Research - 2.2
o JMIR Human Factors - 2.7
o JMIR Medical Education - 3.6
o JMIR Pediatrics and Parenting - 3.7
o JMIR Research Protocols - 1.7
JMIR Publications' flagship and tenured journals continue to remain strong:
- Our flagship journal Journal of Medical Internet Research has gone from 7.1 to 7.4
- JMIR Medical Informatics remains at 3.2
- JMIR Mental Health has gone from 6.3 to 5.2
- JMIR mHealth and uHealth has gone from 4.9 to 5
- JMIR Public Health and Surveillance has gone from 14.6 to 8.5
- JMIR Serious Games has gone from 3.3 to 4
Discover JMIR Publications' complete open access journal portfolio and explore the communities progressing digital health.
Together, we are bringing research in digital health to the forefront. Submit your paper now to JMIR Formative Research.